Monday, November 22, 2010

BUCK VANGUARD KNIFE Big knife in a small package!

I acquired this knife as a gift from my uncle. Thank you uncle Don it is pound for pound the most durable, and useful knife I have ever used.

It is a small knife with kind of a drop point blade, and cocobolo handle. Now if you guy it you will have a synthetic handle with checkering on it. The handle's contours could not be better. There is a longer swooping  section towards the bottom that fits the bottom three finger without flaw, then there is kind of a niche for the index finger at the top just under the hilt.

I have had this knife since I was a teenager, for years a carried it everywhere. It cuts anything with a fair amount of edge retention. The sheath is a wrap around design tat stays out of the way and is very rugged. This whole knife, sheath and all, has handled quite a beating from me through out the years. From cleaning game (which i a breeze with this knife) to cutting landscaping plastic, to digging around in the rocks, this knife has been a real champion.

On top of all that, it is a small, manageable package that won't be in the way when you don't need it, but will  be there when you do.

I give it 4 stars as it will not do a lot of chopping, but pound for pound it is five stars for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment